Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Portrait Series

 Portrait Series: Aisha's Personality

         My photographs are of my older sister, Aisha. I've decided to photograph her in particular because she's not only my sister, but also my best friend. I wanted to capture her personality and her natural appearance at the same time. In this series, I took pictures of my sister showing her inner feelings about things she sees, hears, and talks about. She is a very talkative person and I tried capturing her actions in the bottom left photograph, where she "tries" to act quiet and innocent. When she doesn't like hearing someone talk, she often covers her ears to ignore the person. That's just the way she is, which makes her special.
    I wanted my portrait series to look natural. My sister has always been by my side and encourages me in my everyday life. I enjoyed doing the portrait series because it gave me the freedom to think of new ways to photograph people. In this case, I wanted to portray her crazy personality. I also like how the background is a little shadowy and not as bright. I wanted my sister to be the center of attention, which I have accomplished in this series of portraits.

1 comment:

  1. The plain background emphasizes the girl as the main focus. It flows nicely as your sister has the same clothes on in front of the same background, but her actions change, which represent different things. Just the upper right hand picture casts a shadow that is inconsistent, and it would be best if each piece had a consistent white background.

    ReplyDelete